Shaw Yoga 200-Hour 2018 Teacher Training
August 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26
September 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30
Defined by expertise, variety, understanding, and community, our team of teacher trainers will help you explore the reason and purpose that yoga practice already brings you so much fulfillment, and open your perspective to the new opportunities that deeper yoga study could o er your life.
Our training gives primary focus to anatomy, alignment, philosophy, as well as developing an authentic teaching style and purpose. This training is for those who want to teach, and those who only want to deepen their connection with their personal practice.
We will explore the vital role of yoga and yoga teaching in our city, in our time. The liberating and powerful conviction that no two people undertake a yoga training for exactly the same reason, and no two teachers will be exactly alike in their teaching style and their teaching path and purpose, guides our training.
The training will empower you to use your unique story and your unique gifts to enrich your life, and beneficially affect the world.
- Trainees will practice and move towards facility with a variety of styles of meditation on each day of the training, focusing nevertheless on a core set of practices which they can invite as fundamental parts of their lives
- Trainees will practice and move towards facility with a variety of styles and sequences of asana on each day of the training, focusing nevertheless on a core set of sequences which they can invite as fundamental parts of their lives
- Trainees will practice a variety of styles of pranayama on each day of the training, focusing nevertheless on a core set of practices which they can invite as fundamental parts of their lives
- Trainees will be trained in leading and teaching these practices of meditation, asana, and pranayama
- Trainees will practice and move towards mastery a variety of types and styles of cueing language to lead a yoga class
- Trainees will consider, practice, and move towards mastery of a variety of teacher postures, modeling styles, and classroom movement strategies with which to lead a yoga class
- Trainees will consider, practice, and move towards mastery of several unique asana sequencing styles that all prioritize safety, ahimsa, and inclusion
- Trainees will consider, practice, and move towards mastery of respectful and permission-granted hands-on assists that all prioritize safety, ahimsa, and inclusion
- Trainees will be introduced to the systems of anatomy and physiology that have important bearing on yoga asana
- Trainees will understand the most common injuries and health risks yoga practitioners might have, and the most common injuries that can be incurred from asana
- Trainees will develop a set of strategies to offer supportive, safe, but honest and limited counsel to practitioners with injuries or conditions
- Trainees will develop an understanding of how to observe and identify potentially dangerous physical poses or movements in practitioners in their future classes
- Trainees will immerse themselves with Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, and several other yoga texts
- Trainees will develop personally meaningful interpretations and applications of the ancient and more modern interpretations of yoga philosophy texts
- Trainees will be exposed to examples and engage in reflection on how to meaningfully and reasonably model their lives on the philosophy and ethics of yoga
- Trainees will develop strategies for how to model and inspire others (including potential students) in yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics
- Trainees will develop a personal teaching style and approach which feels authentic and powerful to them
- Trainees will practice their personal teaching style with confidence and openness to constructive feedback
To apply please click on the application button below and email a photo of yourself in a favorite yoga asana to firstname.lastname@example.org